Use & Maintainance
The ArOmis diffuser is a very simple to use but it does require some care. Below are instructions on how to use and maintain your ArOmis Aroma diffuser:
How to use your Diffuser
Assembling your device
- Remove all the components in the product box including the wood base, glass diffuser bottle, glass cap and power supply.
- Twisting back and forth, push the glass diffuser bottle into the rubber hole on the top of the wood base. Be careful not to twist the bottle in one direction as this could twist the inner air tube and choke off the air supply.
- Plug in your aroma diffuser into any 110v to 240 AC wall socket. Note that if the power plug on the wood base sometimes needs and extra push to plug in all the way.
- Carefully drop in between 10 and 25 drops of oil into the glass bottle.
- Be sure not to over-fill the bottle. If oil is filled past the top of the small glass tubes at the bottom of the bottle oil will leak into the air tube and down into the motor. Essential oil will destroy the internal motor.
Running your diffuser
- Turn the power knob clockwise one click to turn the unit on.
- Turning the knob clockwise increase the flow of vapor and counterclockwise to reduce the flow.
- The oil in your diffuser should last between 30 and 60min depending on the power level.
- If you purchased a unit with an internal timer, the unit will turn on for 10 min and off for either 10 or 30 min depending on which timer you purchased. The unit will continue this cycle for 90 min then turn itself off.
How to Maintain your Diffuser
- You'd Diffuser is designed to last many years if properly maintained. Occasionally you should clean both the base and glass parts with rubbing alcohol to remove oil residue.
Cleaning the bottle and cap
- To clean the bottle, gently remove it from the wood base by twisting the bottle back and forth. Place the bottle and cap in a coffee mug or drinking glass and poor rubbing alcohol into the bottle past the top of the glass tubes. Rubbing alcohol will flow through the tubes and clean them.
- Feel free to hold the bottle with alcohol in it, in your hands, covering the top and bottom with your palms and shake to speed up the cleaning process.
- Use excess rubbing alcohol to swab the outside of the bottle and wood base to remove any residue.
- Do not use soap and water to clean your bottle as it will leave water marks inside your bottle that are very difficult to remove even with rubbing alcohol.
- Soak your bottle overnight if your diffuser seems to have reduced vapor output.
- Feel free to diffuse 5 to 10 drops of rubbing alcohol to clear out remaining oil if you plan to switch oils and don’t want them to mix or plan to leave the unit off for many days.
- Here is a detailed video on how the clean the diffuser.