Your shopping cart is empty!
Everyone has trouble calming down after a stressful day at work from time to time, and some of us struggle more than others to have a truly restful sleep.
Your ability to completely relax on a given day can depend on things like eating, exercise, and even hormone levels.
The good news is that the right choice of certified organic essential oils, either pure or blended with other oils, can help you relax and get a solid night’s rest.
The Best Oils To use
If you are new to the world of essential oils, we recommend purchasing a few complimentary oils and mixing and matching to create a blend that you truly feel drawn to.
1. Geranium sweet, flowery scent helps to relieve many symptoms of stress and is a particularly solid go-to for symptoms related to PMS and menopause.
2. Chamomile is a well-known plant with a bland smell but intense tranquilizing effects.
4. Clary Sage is an effective relaxant that’s been proven to help lower blood pressure and calm the nervous system.
5. Frankincense has a deep, musky scent which has an extremely grounding effect. If you are feeling like you are too “in your head,” massage a few drops of this oil into your feet for clarity and calmness.
6. Cedarwood adds a wonderfully woody aroma to any room when added to a nebulizing diffuser, and is known for its antibacterial and pain-relieving properties.
When it comes to getting a good night’s rest, a high-quality glass nebulizing diffuser is ideal for promoting restfulness and offering optimal health benefits.
Each nebulizing essential oil diffuser works via an air pump which pulls small drops of oil into the air at a consistent concentration and steady pace over the space of several hours. Nebulizers use pressure, not heat, to break oils down into fine microparticles which are then dispersed through the surrounding air. Unlike diffusers which rely on heat, however, nebulizing diffusers do not break down the oils, which means their healing properties are retained.
Having a small glass aromatherapy diffuser next to your bed is a great way to ensure that you are inhaling the vapours of your chosen oil or blend on a consistent basis throughout the night. Adding a few drops of an oil which is known for colds and flus (try eucalyptus or lavender) may also help to ease snoring caused by sleep apnea.
You can also try mixing your preferred oil blend into a carrier oil for massage, adding a few drops to a hot bath, using a few drops directly on your wrists or feet. You may also want to try using a personalized essential oil blend as a spray in your bedroom, which can double as a relaxant as well as an air freshener.
Essential Oil Safety
Always check with a health care practitioner if you are having unusual health problems and let them know about any complementary therapies that you are using.
In addition, always test a small amount of essential oil on your skin to make sure that you do not have a reaction, and thoroughly read the instructions before using them. It is recommended that most oils be diluted with natural carrier oil before topical use. Lastly, never ingest essential oils unless guided by a certified professional.
Want to experience just how wonderful using a home diffuser with high-quality aromatherapy oils can be? Looking to get started with organic essential oil kits? Please feel free to browse our website and reach out if you have any questions.